Our highly skilled therapists have diverse backgrounds of training and clinical experience. Based on your particular needs, we will do our best to match you with the most suitable therapist. Our services include individual child, adolescent and adult therapy, couples and family therapy.
Child and Adolescent Counseling
In today’s world, our children and teens are facing a multitude of pressures making life stressful. Some of the many challenges include:
- Academic Difficulties
- Attentional and Learning Disorders (ADD/ADHD)
- Anxiety, Worry, Obsessive Compulsive and Stress Conditions
- Motivational and Conduct Concerns
- Developmental and Behavioral Problems
- Adjustment Reactions to Life Events: New School, Divorce, Death
- Poor School Performance
- Peer Pressure
- Bullying of all types
- Family Conflicts and Stress
- Eating Disorders
- Substance Abuse
Although many children and teens can cope with life’s difficulties, it is important to know when it’s time to reach out for help. How do you know if your child or teen needs help? If your child or teen shows any of these signs more than others their age, and for a prolonged period, there may be reason for concern:
- Long periods of sadness
- Changes in daily habits (sleep, appetite, etc.)
- Return to younger behavior
- Isolation and withdrawal
- Difficulty concentrating
- Academic failure or difficulties
- Problem saying goodbye to parent(s)
- Living in the past
- Excessive anxiety, worries and fears
- Feelings of guilt, self-blame or low self-esteem
- Temper tantrums
- Feelings of anger or shame
- Alcohol or drug use and/or abuse
- Overeating or constrictive eating, poor body image
Our team of therapists have specialized training in childhood development. We provide a comprehensive evaluation of your child or teen based on feedback from each parent, your child’s teacher(s), pediatrician, and any other provider. We collaborate with you to develop a treatment plan and monitor the results providing additional parent guidance.
Individual Adult Therapy
Therapy can be a journey of self-discovery, problem-solving, solution-finding, healing, awakening and transformation. As your therapists, we are honored to join you in this process, working together as a team to help you reach your goals.
Therapy offers many benefits including:
- Feeling understood and validated so you don’t feel so alone in your circumstances
- Cultivating personal relationships to improve quality of life and reducing potential feeling of loneliness
- Learning practical tools for coping and change
- Increasing self-awareness which allows for better choices
- Understanding yourself, your values and your goals better
- Recognizing the impact of your past on how you operate in the world today in terms of thoughts and behavior
- Developing skills for improving your relationships and coping with life in a healthier, more balanced manner
- Solving problems and concerns that brought you to therapy
As therapists, we are trained in a variety of theoretical principles and we draw from these backgrounds as we tailor our approach specifically to your needs. In general, our focus is based on Positive Psychology: an emphasis on strengths, solution-oriented treatment with the present and future in mind. Our goal is to help empower you to reach your goals.
Given the complexities and stress of our world today, relationships and marriages face enormous pressure. As a couple, you may be struggling with communication issues, conflict resolution, illness, financial stress, infertility, parenting, infidelity, blended families, sex and many other issues. Couples can greatly benefit from meeting with a trained couples therapist who can assist with:
- Tools for successful communication
- Strategies for effective conflict resolution
- Skills in negotiation, compromise and “team work”
- Repair of trust and safety in relationship
- Empathy and understanding of your partner’s perspective
- Coparenting skills
- Improved intimacy and sex
Families experience a multitude of stressors today including illness, conflicts, economic pressures, job insecurity and job loss, parenting, infertility, divorce and single parent households, blended families, illness, aging parents and death.
Families need a way to come together to have safe, effective conversations about the issues in a way that strengthens family relationships. Our therapists help families identify key issues and learn tools and strategies to improve overall functioning. Frequently the family goal is to experience greater harmony. When your family is working well together, then everyone benefits. That is our goal; to help your entire family achieve greater happiness and resilience.
Your Next Step
Call us at 781-862-0890 or email us by using the contact tab on the right.
Center for Life Solutions
114 Waltham Street, Suite 25, Lexington, MA 02421
781.862.0890 (Phone) | 339.970.3754 (Fax)
Photos Courtesy of: arztsamui; graur codrin; Simon Howard; arztsumi lFreeDigitalPhoto.net]; Note: credits in order of appearance on page.